It’s now LESS THAN TWO WEEKS to go until the Campbeltown Malts Festival and the excitement is definitely building up in the town, ready for all our visitors arriving soon! The festival will take place from Wednesday 20th-Friday 22nd May 2015 and during the three day festival, the malts produced at Campbeltown’s three distilleries will be celebrated. The break down of events are as follows:
Wednesday 20th May 2015
Glen Scotia will be holding their very first Open Day on Wednesday and here is a taste of what you can expect:
- Two tastings during the day:
* 11.15am: Tasting with Distillery Shop Manager Shannon Brodie in the newly refurbished shop - £10 per person // Maximum of 10 people
* 2.30pm: Warehouse Tasting with Distillery Manager Iain McAlister - £20 per person // Maximum of 20 people
- Tours running at 10am, 12pm & 3pm - 15 people per tour
- Launch of the Glen Scotia Distillery Edition first release at festival, only available at the shop and not online
- Sampling of local food
- Cooper demonstrations throughout the day
To book tickets or for more information, please contact Glen Scotia by calling +44 (0) 1586 55 2288.
The following will also be taking place on Wednesday:
1pm: Springbank Society Tasting (FULLY BOOKED)
7pm: Warehouse Dinner at Springbank Distillery (FULLY BOOKED)
9.30pm: Whisky Quiz at Whisky Macs Bar & Grill. Teams of up to 6 people will be accepted and it will be free to enter.
The Ardshiel Hotel, Craigard House Hotel and Harbourview Grille @ The Royal Hotel will also be hosting Whisky Dinners on Wednesday evening. Menus and information on booking coming soon.
Thursday 21st May 2015
Thursday will be the annual Springbank Open Day and as always, we are hoping to attract many visitors from near & far. Events will be kicking off in the distillery yard at 11am and there will be various activities taking place throughout the day and evening.
From 11am-5pm there will be:
- A range of masterclasses and warehouse tastings as follows:
* 12pm // Kilkerran Masterclass with Jenny Karlsson (£25 per person)
* 12.30pm // The Distillery Manager’s Springbank Warehouse Tasting (FULLY BOOKED)
* 1.30pm // Springbank Masterclass with Ranald and guests (£25 per person)
* 2.30pm // The Distillery Manager’s Springbank Warehouse Tasting (FULLY BOOKED)
* 3pm // Cadenhead Masterclass with Mark Watt and Martin Mccallum (£25 per person)
* 4.30pm // The Distillery Manager’s Springbank Warehouse Tasting (FULLY BOOKED)
- Free distillery tours throughout the day
- A selection of over 20 stalls from local businesses
- Two special Springbank Open Day bottlings
- Warehouse Whisky Bar
- Fyne Ales
- Hot Food and Cakes
- Campbeltown Brass Band
From 6pm-9.30pm there will be:
- Live Music from Kintyre Schools Pipe Band & popular local band THE WEE TOON TELLERS
- Food & Drinks tent selling a selection of whisky, spirits and Fyne Ales
- The return of the popular ‘Spooks Tour’ around our spooky warehouses, which are sure to make you SCREEEEEEAM!!!
Friday 22nd May 2015
On Friday there will be two walking tours of Campbeltown and two Cadenhead Warehouse Tastings. The times are:
11am: Architecture Tour with David McEwan
12pm: Cadenhead Warehouse Tasting with Mark Watt (£25 per person)
2pm: Heritage Tour with Alex McKinven
3pm: Cadenhead Warehouse Tasting with Mark Watt (£25 per person)
The tours of Campbeltown are very interesting and give a great insight into Campbeltown’s historic past, its rich heritage, its people and its stories as well as gaining an insight into some of Campbeltown’s finest buildings and their history. The trail was set up in 2010 and is made up of local volunteers who deliver the tours free of charge for the public. The tours last approximately one hour and booking in advance is essential. After the tour, you will return to Cadenhead’s Whisky Shop for a couple of drams.
For more information or to book any of the events listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.